Monday, October 26, 2015

Survival

Life as we Knew it
Author: Susan Beth Pfeffer

Water runs out so they decided to shut down the oil furnace and move to the sunroom. Miranda's brother, Jonny an her mom get sick so Miranda went to look for Peter but when she got to the hospital, they told her Peter was dead. Food was running out and Matt also got sick. Miranda decides to sacrifice for her family and gives them her food. She doesn't want her to see her die so she goes to town planning to never get back but she founds out a man who was giving food. She gets food to home every week and promise to never let her family alone. Their lives completely changed but they were happy because they were together.

There was no enough food to feed Miranda's mother and two brothers who were sick. She decided to die and give her food to her family. "I'd gone to town. There was no point going home, forcing the others to watch that happen." I don't think that is the best idea. If she dies, there will be no-one who will take care of them and if anything bad happens, Miranda wouldn't be present to help. It depends on the time or problems people are facing to see what they can really do. Before, Miranda thought that living her mother alone would be terrible and that she would never do that but now, because of what's happening, she is prepared to die for them. 

"But today, when I'm 17 and warm and well fed, I'm keeping this journal for myself so I can always remember life as we knew it, life as we know it, for a time when I am no longer in the sunroom." It's sad such a hard time Miranda and her family had to face. Miranda learned to survive. Surviving is in our blood, it's our instinct. Miranda did things she never knew she would do and find out who she really was. Miranda says she's keeping her journal, this book to remember the past. I think she doesn't want to commit the same mistakes she did and start a new life.

Surviving may get us to do terrible things but it shows us who we really are and what we are capable to do. Miranda can give everything for her family, even her life. She became a very strong women and wiser. Things happen for a reason and this might have happened because our society today, is rotten. This might have happened to teach people what really is important and Miranda understood. She learned to survive and to appreciate things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment